2013년 2월 3일 일요일

Transform My Thinking about volunteer through MANNAM



Transform My Thinking about volunteer through MANNAM
How do you think about volunteer ?
 
 
It was my first time to volunteer when I was a middle school student.
The Minister of Education set up a compulsory education system in middle schools and high schools that teenagers should volunteer for 20 hours,
and we must turn in certifications for proving I volunteered for 20 hours to our class teacher.
I think he wants to make teenagers have good mind using this system,
and taste these kinds of experiences about how to help people.
But at that time I was heard only two things,, those were,, we must fill 20 hours in a grade and I had to prove how much I volunteered.
 
My teacher told me it was the best way to volunteer in public institutions. But I couldn't fine definite answers where i could do, where was good for volunteer. Because there were many public institutions.
 
Our teacher beckoned the students who couldn't complete 20 hours in a teacher's room and scolded them or scolded in public in our classroom.
 
Some parents went as far as to volunteer instead of their children.
and Even some of my friends could be done because their neighbors helped them to fill the time.
If the students who got certifications after volunteer had known the way to get them easily, they would have done,,
 
If the teachers taught us why we help poor people and how to do, what I should be careful before introducing the compulsory education system, I might love to visit orphanages, old people's home,,mentally retarded person and so on,,
 
I thought It could be dangerous to visit them without any explains, cautions, volunteer is a kind of sharing of minds. if we visit the poor just for certification, the staff in the institution give it as a cost about spending my times.
 
This system would give good experiences to teenagers. but I thought we needed some manuals about what was volunteer.
If there is no manuals, it can be just a good theory.
 
One day i met MANNAM in 8.15 Liberation Day NATION LOVE NATIONAL FUNCTION
 
This function surprised me in itself. It was amazing.
Volunteer's faces were alive.
They made this festival using their talents and they could make the people get interested naturally.
It looked like there was a New world in volunteers.
And i could hear a voice of a president of MANNAM Volunteer Association Institute.
she said
" all the members of MANNAM including myself are putting into practice true volunteer work and we are self-supported financially."
after that I expected MANNAM's activity.
It was a valuable experience in my life as this associate's name MANNAM.
The word is 'MANNAM' means 'meeting' in korean.

댓글 5개:

  1. I think that MANNAM is good mean. :)

    답글삭제
  2. Sometimes I think about volunteering, but the practice is difficult. You are a man of courage

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Thank you for your compliment!
      yes! the practice is difficult ~
      but when i volunteered with MANNAM, i could enjoy.

      삭제
  3. I agree that acting out the words are important.
    This is why like MANNAM. MANNAM is not just saying but working:)

    답글삭제